Escape to Lovelace Park! Many things may be closed right now, but our fabulous park with its open spaces and natural beauty is still available to us. If you take a pic while you’re there, we’d love to see it. Email pics to LovelacePark at outlook dot com and we’ll put it up in our Photo Gallery.
We’ve had a little rain. Sigrid was at the park on Sunday, May 17th after the downpours we had over the weekend. There was just a little bit of water over the walkway:
Here’s hoping we dry out a bit this week and are soon back to strolling the path!
Update- Sigrid, our intrepid leader, discovered on Monday, May 18th that not all Evanston residents found the flooding to be inconvenient:
Our Mission Statement
We are a group of neighbors living near and enjoying this wonderful recreational resource. We are committed to enhancing the park and assisting the City’s Maintenance Crew by volunteering for the following tasks:
- Mulching the trees correctly. Click here for a diagram.
- Working with City Crew when planting new trees to select the proper spots (not in the sledding area).
- Establishing a pollinator garden to attract butterflies, bees, and other pollinators.
- Collaborating with other organizations in collecting litter and debris.
- Offering our services when needed or requested by City Crew.