Our outdoor work is completed for the season, but please watch this space as we will be gathering to make plans for the spring. We’d love to have you join us!
New for 2020- our Photo Gallery! Have a pic of Lovelace you’d like to share? Send it along and we’ll put it up on the photo page. Just let us know what name you’d like to credit.
Want to learn more about Pollinators? Mark your calendar for February 5th. TreesForever.org is hosting a Pollinator Webinar on February 5th at 10:30AM. We’ll be following along. Registration can be found here: http://www.treesforever.org/PollinatorWebinar
Injured Bird? Given how many compassionate people on local social networks are frequently seeking someone to help with an injured bird, we’d like to draw attention to our Resources page for info on local assistance.
Our Mission Statement
We are a group of neighbors living near and enjoying this wonderful recreational resource. We are committed to enhancing the park and assisting the City’s Maintenance Crew by volunteering for the following tasks:
- Mulching the trees correctly. Click here for a diagram.
- Working with City Crew when planting new trees to select the proper spots (not in the sledding area).
- Establishing a pollinator garden to attract butterflies, bees, and other pollinators.
- Collaborating with other organizations in collecting litter and debris.
- Offering our services when needed or requested by City Crew.